Monday, November 29

30 Days of Truth

hon·es·ty [on-uh-stee] –noun, plural
1. truthfulness, sincerity, or frankness.
2. freedom from deceit or fraud.
Over the past few days, I've been seeing a lot of bloggers jumping on the 30 Days of Truth bandwagon. At first, I was a bit skeptical; after all, shouldn't we be honest all the time? But after reading other bloggers' frank renditions of the truth, I realized that the idea of being completely truthful for 30 days was not only challenging but completely genius. Needless to say, I too am jumping on the wagon. Sign me up for honesty!
I decided that Mondays seemed like a fantastic day to say it like it is, so for the next 30 weeks (wow, that seems like soo long...) Mondays will be dedicated to telling the truth. If you like the idea and want to climb aboard, you can click here to find the list of things to be honest about this month.

Today's truthful tidbits are about what I dislike most about myself.. Way to start off positive, right? Honestly, I've come to accept a lot about myself and appreciate the good with the less-than-good. I know that no one is perfect, but in order to be capable of loving anyone or anything else, I think you have to love yourself first. So, yes, I'm conceited: I love myself. I love my bad handwriting, and my tendency to reach for the ice cream tub before I reach for the Special K box, but what I love the least is my procrastination. There! I said it! The truth is I procrastinate horribly. I put off everything from waking up, to going to sleep, to writing that 5 page paper, to catching up on Grey's Anatomy episodes. See? My procrastination is SO STRONG it's completely taken over every aspect of my life. I'd might as well not even resist it- it's going to win anyway. Right now, I'm even multitasking on my procrastination. I'm focussing really hard on putting off this case study I have to do on a child for my Acquisitions of Reading class, while at the same time I'm taking my sweet time getting ready to leave for Physics class.. Talk about the talent! :) I suppose that if I could change one thing about myself it would be this ability to procrastinate so well and the ability to work well under pressure. Because, honestly, it's what I love the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment